Tuesday 11 January 2011

Planning for my Tv Listings Guide

Magazine Initial Idea
Looking at the common conventions of a magazine cover i had thought out how i wanted my cover too look like. The drawing above was done on a graphics tablet which you essential use as an input device which allows you to hand draw image which can be saved onto your computer. I thought this would be better to sketch out my ideas as its clearer to see and it can easily be saved as a jpeg.  I have gathered the information i analysed from some top tv listings guide and used these ideas in my own sketch.  My initial idea is that the magazine title will be located at the top right hand corner with issue numbers and dates in the titles box.  As the research showed that other programmes are normally situated at the sides of the magazine i kept to this convention as well, including the other programmes at the side and an exclusive article along the bottom. The dominant picture will also take up the majority of the page. A border at the top will inform a release of a new programme with an image in the top corner that will be circular. 

No comments:

Post a Comment